Thursday, November 6, 2014

L'Oréal Paris Carbon Black Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

          This past weekend, I went to the store to stock up on more makeup for the homecoming dance I went to last Saturday. Knowing any girl, we all strive to look our best on special occasions such as these. I was in need of more liquid eyeliner to perform my infamous "cat eye."

          When my mother and I got to the store, they didn't have my usual brand which is the Rimmel Exaggerate felt tip liquid eye liner. What I enjoyed about this product was that the color the eyeliner had promised was indeed "carbon black". It wasn't dark grey, no hues of blue, it was the darkest black there could be. The consistency of the liquid wasn't watery or runny; it dried quickly and stayed on all day provided the squinting was kept to a minimum.

          What they did have, however, was the Exaggerate eye liner without the felt tip. This frustrated me because when I do my makeup, having a liquid eyeliner with a felt tip brush makes for a smoother application. You can easily swipe it on with no worries or mess-ups. So rather than settle for the lame paint brush, I went hunting for another brand with a better applicator.


          I came across one tube of liner; the L'Oréal Paris Carbon Black Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner, and scanned the packaging for the words "felt tip." Sure enough, the packaging had said it. I decided it would be worth it to buy the Telescopic Eyeliner, risking the possibility that this new brand may not have the same consistency as the first.

          To my surprise, this product was better than the one I had deemed my favorite. Not only did it abide by the same consistency but it surpassed the lasting power of the previous eyeliner. This product stayed on all night and provided a classic winged eye look with minimal harshness due to the "carbon black" pigment.

          The applicator was easy to use; every stroke was smooth and it was quite easy to fill in any spots that were not filled. In fact, you could actually take the felt tip and create a winged look by dotting the product on. That's how precise the applicator had felt.

          I'm very pleased with the effect that this liner had. It had given a classic and vintage look to a special occasion eye makeup. There's not a doubt in my mind about what product to look for next time I need to purchase eyeliner.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment